Monday, June 29, 2009

Project Linus Conference - I'm Home

I got home from the national conference about 12:30 PM. I had a fabulous time. Honestly, the best time I've had in a long time. The Project Linus coordinators and headquarters staff are a great group of people. The conference was informative and lots of fun. We had LOTS of chocolate and lots of fun in our classes and demos. I learned many new ideas for making blankets and in running and growing the chapter.

Ellen Knoefel (Asheville NC) coordinator had emailed me last year not long after my husband died and offered to pick me up and take me to this year's conference. She is a wonderful lady. Her assistant Sharon drove her car and we had a great "road trip" both coming and going. It's a ways to Bloomington, IL but it felt like the old "homeland" in Ohio with all the FLAT cornfields. However, there were a "few more" windmills than what we have on Windrock - there were fields and fields of them. I was told the one field we saw had over 200 windmills. They were beautiful. Of course, we all ate too much, but we had sooooooo much fun and learned soooo much.

You'll be seeing more over the next few months from the information I learned at the conference. Thanks so much for allowing me to be your coordinator - it is truly a blessing in my life.

1 comment: