The Project Linus Institute 2011 is open to all PL volunteers. There is a lot of information available at the Project Linus website (click on Institute 2011 on the left hand side). Here are some basic details:
- When: July 20 – 23, 2011
- Where: Hotel Pere Marquette, Peoria, IL
- How Far is that? Approximately 570 miles; 9 hours per Map Quest from Knoxville
- Cost for Volunteers: $525 ($500 if you register before 12/31/10). This includes Wednesday Dinner reception, Thursday lunch, Friday lunch and dinner, Saturday brunch and dinner. And, most importantly, the Institute conference.
- Hotel Costs: $109 plus taxes per night (single or multiple occupancy)
- Extra classes will be available on Wednesday afternoon for a fee (TBA). Lunch is also available on Wednesday for $20.
This is a wonderful conference with all kinds of classes, booths to browse (fabric, quilt machines, sewing tools and much more), make-and-takes (quilt, crochet, knit, sewing, etc.) There will be a special session for volunteers. The Friday evening speaker is Jennifer Chiaverini author of the Elm Creek Quilt book series, and a fabric and quilt designer.
I know this is expensive and not affordable and/or of interest to everyone. But, if you are interested, I encourage you to think about attending. If any volunteers are interested, we can discuss car pooling. My tentative plans are to leave Tuesday AM, drive to around Indianapolis on Tuesday, and drive on in to Peoria on Wednesday AM. I plan to get up early Sunday and drive all the way home.
More info at: https://www.projectlinus.org/institute.html If you don’t have internet access and would like info sent to you, just let me know and I’ll mail it to you. - Deb